I am sharing 7 free PSD mood board templates to help you get started with designing your own mood board.
First off, what are mood boards and do you need mood boards?
What are mood boards?
Mood boards, also called “inspiration boards,” are a collage of various elements used by artists in the early design stages of creative projects
Why do you need mood boards?
Mood boards help you establish all the visual baselines that will eventually form your brand’s style guide: which include color palettes, typography, layout, photos and more.
They will save you time. Mood boards shorten your ideation time of a design project because it has already set out a library of approved patterns or modules. These artifacts help quicken the process of page creations and features brainstorming on a website.
How to design stunning mood boards?
There aren’t a certain definite way to create great mood boards, nonetheless, I believe some best practices exist. I have shared 13 ways that can help you with the design process.
My PSD template features:
- Organised & Annotated Layers
- Easy to Customise
- Place Your Own Images
- Add Your Brand’s Color Palette
- 7 fully-editable Photoshop templates
- CS2+ Photoshop Files (PSD) (if you wonder what is PSD:click here)
How do I place images in the Photoshop Template?
1. Look for the “Place Your Images” folder in your “Layers” sidebar, look for the designated numbered grey box that you would like to place your image within.
2. Say if you want to place an image in the box numbered “1”, then double click on “Image 1”. I have highlighted the layer in yellow for easy identification.
3. You will be brought to a new psd page. Then click File > Embedded.
4. Then choose the image that you want to add.
5. You will then be able to edit the size of the image. I will recommend you to cover all the empty spaces.
6. Hit Save and then you can close your window.
7. Go back to the original mood board psd template, then you will be able to see the image is now added to your mood board in your designated area.